Friday, March 30, 2012

Mommy of Two


So, I'm still adjusting to being a mommy of two! I think the first time I tried leaving the house with the boys it took me about 3 hours! Sad, I know. By the time I got ready, packed the diaper bag, packed Scotty's bag, and dressed both boys it was time to feed Daniel. Then, I had to recheck everything to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. Since that day, it's become much better!
Going back to work has been an adjustment as well. A. Because my schedule is so different from what I was originally used to. I have to make sure to leave there in time so I can come home and take over so Derek can go to work. B. Because of the schedule change, I feel like I'm continuously trying to play catch up in the office. It's okay though. I've come to realize that there is much more to life than stressing out about work and that my children make me happier than anything. So...all this adjusting is well worth it!

Some of my favorite times nowadays is watching my boys together. Scotty is such a great big brother. He's always making sure that his brother is being well taken care of and has everything he needs. The moment a peep comes out of Daniel, Scotty comes running over to make sure he's okay. Daniel loves his big brother as well. I love the great big smile he gets when he hears Scotty's voice and sees him. Nothing melts a mommy's heart more than seeing her two boys showing so much love to each other.

I love the time I get to spend with my babies both individually and together. Scotty and I still get as crazy as ever together. Singing and dancing away...having a blast doing it! I love how carefree and energetic he is. I also love his sweetness and his compassion. A bright little boy that brings smiles to my face each and every day.
Daniel...my precious Daniel. I have a feeling he's taking after his brother! Those little legs won't stop kicking and he wants to be bounced up and down. He loves it when I talk to him! The great big smiles he shows off fill my heart with so much joy. When he holds my hand as I'm feeding him...that makes me smile. I love looking into those great big blue eyes and seeing pure love.

Loving life and living it to its fullest! I pray each and every day that I'm doing right and raising my children to fulfill the will of God. I pray that He has plans for them that will give them each a life full of love and happiness. I pray that he chose the right mommy to give these amazing little boys to.




Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. (Psalm 127:3)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment