Monday, March 5, 2012

Life With Scotty

Life with Scotty had finally began. I had the pleasure of quitting my job and being a stay at home mom for a while. Everyday I woke up to the most beautiful little boy. We sang together, danced together, and cuddled on the couch. He made the most wonderful faces and had the best laugh. All my worries about being a terrible mother were never thought of again. I saw how my baby boy looked at me, and I knew that as long as I tried my very best, he would love me.


As Scotty got older, we noticed how brilliant he was. I know a lot of parents say this about their children and there were many times I questioned myself. Did I think he was super smart simply because he was mine? I researched on the internet and spoke with his pediatrician. Scotty was way above average for his age and he seemed to be getting bored at home. Although I didn't want someone else to be "taking care" of my child at such a young age, we enrolled Scotty in an early education program.
I cried everyday the first week that I dropped him off. It was like the child comforting the mother. He told me that he'd be okay. He liked playing with his friends. There were a few times that he cried too, but for the most part he did much better than mommy.


Today, Scott is still enrolled in the same early education program and loves it! He still makes those wonderful faces. He still has the best laugh. He's definitely sweeter than I deserve. I'm amazed by him each and everyday. God gave me a true blessing when he gave me that baby boy. I have an unbreakable bond with him...stronger than I ever thought was possible. As each moment passes, I love my little man more and more.

"There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son"

No comments:

Post a Comment